PETRONAS GEAR SYN PAG SERIES
Supreme Performance Synthetic (PAG) Industrial Gear Oil
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAG Series are supreme performance industrial gear oils specially developed for various types of enclosed industrial gears operating under normal to extremely heavy duty conditions.
Formulated with high viscosity index water soluble polyalkylene glycol synthetic base oil (PAG) enhanced with advanced extreme pressure, anti-oxidant, anti-rust and anti-foam additives, PETRONAS Gear Syn PAG oils provide excellent extreme pressure, anti-wear and micropitting protection, superior performance across wide temperature range, energy saving, reduced bulk oil temperatures, smooth operation of the gear drives and up to 5x longer lasting performance vs conventional mineral gear oils.
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAG Series meets or exceeds key industrial specifications and OEM requirements.
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAG Series are recommended for use in:
- various types of enclosed industrial gears (spur/helical/bevel/planetary and worm) with circulation or splash lubrication systems operating at bulk oil temperature up to 200°C
- gear drives subjected to high variations in operating and/or ambient temperatures, including cold start-ups
- gears drives demanding high protection against micropitting
- gears drives subjected to extremely heavy loads
- gear drives sensitive to sludge formation
- non-gear applications include shaft couplings, ball roller and other types of anti-friction bearing
Note: Polyurethane based elastomers, leather, cork, asbestos, paper and board should be avoided. Common seal and gasket materials are unaffected by PETRONAS Gear Syn PAG. Nitrile Rubber (NBR), Fluoro-Silicone or Vinyl-Methyl Polysiloxane are recommended especially where high temperatures are involved.
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAG oils must never be mixed with mineral oil or PAO based products
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Excellent micropitting resistance
Helps to extend gear and bearing life in gear drives operating under severely loaded conditions
Low temperature protection
Ensures proper protection of equipment components during cold starts
High viscosity index
Ensures superior performance and protection over a wide temperature range
Excellent extreme pressure protection
Excellent extreme pressure performance giving long gear life in severely loaded gear drives