PETRONAS GEAR SYN PAO SERIES
Premium Performance Synthetic (PAO) Industrial Gear Oil
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAO Series are premium performance industrial gear oils specially developed for various types of enclosed gear drives operating under normal to extremely heavy duty conditions.
Formulated with high viscosity index synthetic base oil (PAO) enhanced with advanced extreme pressure, anti-oxidant, anti-rust and anti-foam additives, PETRONAS Gear Syn PAO oils provide excellent extreme pressure, anti-wear and micropitting protection, energy saving, reduced bulk oil temperatures, smooth operation of the gear drives and up to 3x longer lasting performance vs conventional mineral gear oils.
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAO Series meets or exceeds key industrial specifications.
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAO Series are recommended for use in:
- various types of enclosed industrial gears (spur/helical/bevel/planetary) with circulation or splash lubrication systems operating at bulk oil temperature up to 200°C
- gear drives subjected to high variations in operating and/or ambient temperatures, including cold start-ups
- gears drives subjected to extremely heavy loads
- gear drives sensitive to sludge formation
- non-gear applications include shaft couplings, ball roller and other types of anti-friction bearing
Note: They are not recommended for worm gears due to compatibility concerns of sulfur/phosphorus additives with bronze metallurgy. Industrial gear lubricants as a class are not formulated for some types of heavily loaded hypoid gearing. In these cases automotive type gear lubricants offer better protection.
PETRONAS Gear Syn PAO Series are compatible and could be mixed with conventional mineral gear oil.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Excellent micropitting resistance
Helps to extend gear and bearing life in gear drives operating under severely loaded conditions
Low temperature protection
Ensures proper protection of equipment components during cold starts
High viscosity index
Ensures superior performance and protection over a wide temperature range
Excellent extreme pressure protection
Excellent extreme pressure performance giving long gear life in sever loaded gear drives